Hotel Rous is located in a reconstructed old burgher house, the history of which goes as back as to
the foundation of the town of Plzen in 1295. Original structural features, like vaults and stone
and brickwork, have been preserved, as well as the basic layout. Among the most interesting owners
of the house in the past was a mad merchant with dry-goods, who run the first brothel in the attick.
For this, he was publicly denounced in front of the town hall in 1789.

The Rous family owns the house located in Zbrojnicka Street No. 7 since 1996. The house underwent an extensive reconstruction during the last three years, however, the historic character of the house
has been well preserved.